Oct. 17, 2015
Noon ’til Noon
The Patio Theater
6008 W. Irving Park Rd.
Chicago, IL 60634
Announced Feature Films:
-DEAD OF NIGHT (1945)
-GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH
-DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE
-DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978)
Announced Short Films:
-THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (1928 silent with live organ accompaniment)
-LAST MAN AFTER THE WAR
More films and special guests will be announced soon!
Plus: Vintage Trailers, Vendors, Charity
Auction For Vital Bridges (Vitalbridges.org), and more!
Free street parking!
Advance tickets are $20 and can be purchased online here:
More advance ticket sites will be announced soon!
Tickets at the door will be $25 so order early and save!
Pay once, come and go as you like!
No Returns, No Refunds.Leave a Comment Go to Post...
Dark Chicago has a limited number of passes for a special advance screening of M. Night Shyamalan’s THE VISIT on September 1st; to enter for your chance to win a set of these passes, click HERE.
Writer/director/producer M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable) and producer Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity, The Purge and Insidious series) welcome you to Universal Pictures’ The Visit. Shyamalan returns to his roots with the terrifying story of a brother and sister who are sent to their grandparents’ remote Pennsylvania farm for a weeklong trip. Once the children discover that the elderly couple is involved in something deeply disturbing, they see their chances of getting back home are growing smaller every day.
For more information visit http://www.stayinyourroom.com/. THE VISIT opens nationwide in September.Leave a Comment Go to Post...
Horror lovers might be getting the itch for some spooky fun as the summer comes to a close. And The Public House Theatre has just the thing to scratch that itch. For one night only, fans of fear are invited to show off their knowledge and compete against friends and foes for some killer prizes in a Horror Film-themed Trivia Night, hosted by the creators and some cast of the upcoming, new musical, “Babysitter Massacre ’78,” which opens in October (from the minds behind “A Nightmare on Backstreet” and “Bates: An 80’s Musical ‘Psycho’ Parody”).
Along with Trivia Night, prizes will be raffled from contributors such as Goose Island Beer Co., Revolution Brewing, KOVAL Distillery, The Second City, Kentalago Productions, The Davis Theatre, Landmark’s Century Centre Cinema, Logan Theatre and many, many more.
Proceeds from tickets will benefit “Babysitter Massacre ’78: The Musical.”
- TITLE: Babysitter Massacre ’78: Trivia Night
- DATE: Monday, August 24th, 2015, 7:30pm
- RUN: One Night Only
- TICKETS: $12 Online/$15 at the door
- WEBSITE: http://pubhousetheatre.com/babysitter-massacre-78-fundraiser-and-trivia-night/
- AGES: 18+
Courtesy of Kreepylady Kristin / The Chicago Creepout:
This Saturday, monster fans everywhere are heading to the Wheaton All Night Flea Market to meet cast members of The Addams Family and celebrated illustrator Basil Gogos on August 15th, from 3pm-3am! This festival runs late, so it’s a perfect time to get into the Halloween spirit a little early and meet fellow fans.
- The Addams Family Cast Reunion: Carel Struycken (“LURCH,” the Giant in Twin Peaks), Felix Silla (“COUSIN ITT,” Ewok in Return of the Jedi, The Manitou, The Brood), and Lisa Loring (“WEDNESDAY ADDAMS,” Blood Frenzy).
- Basil Gogos – One of the greatest living American illustrators of our time! Basil’s attention-grabbing, vivid monster art has appeared on the covers of around 50 issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland horror magazine.
- Batmobile -Get a photo taken next to a classic ’60s Batmobile and an 8×10 glossy photo of yourself sitting inside it.
- Ron Fitzgerald – Award-winning actor, gothic illusionist, and host of Chicago festivals and burlesque performances who has appeared in films such as Magus, Dark Realm, and Orgy of the Damned.
- Deadgar Winter – Co-host of Deadgar’s Coffin Classics in Wisconsin.
- Undead Johnny – Undead Johnny and members of the “World of the Weird Monster Show” return for more sketch horror comedy fun.
- Ari Lehman – Composer, award-winning jazz musician, and actor best known for his role in the original Friday the 13th as “Jason Voorhees” as a child. Leads his band First Jason and has toured as a keyboardist for many bands.
- Music – Live performances by The Roosevelt Dolls with guest Dr. Destruction, Hi/Jack, First Jason, Electric Medicine, and more.
- Artists and More! – Even more performances, artists (Rob. E. Brown, Connie Faye, Roger Scholz, Linda Touby), bands, vendors, and guests. Too many to list!
Tickets are only $7 and children ages 12 and under get in for free!
Located on the DuPage County Fairgrounds, 2015 W. Manchester, Wheaton, IL 60189. For more information, contact Zurko Promotions at 715-526-9769. Find updates on their Facebook page at allnightfleamarket.Leave a Comment Go to Post...
Leading up to the highly anticipated opening of SINISTER 2, the original SINISTER will be featured as the very first outdoor movie screening at the historic Bohemian National Cemetery, 5255 N. Pulaski Road, Chicago, IL 60630, on Friday, August 14, 2015. Gates open at 8:00 pm, SINISTER screens at 9:00 pm.
The screenings is free and open to the public. Seating in the picnic area is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and audience members are encouraged to bring blankets to sit on.
Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises.
SINISTER 2 is the chilling sequel to the 2012 sleeper hit horror movie. In the aftermath of the shocking events in Sinister, the evil spirit of Bughuul continues to spread with frightening intensity. The new story is a scary, suspenseful race against time to save a family from falling prey to the madness, movies, and murder conjured by Bughuul and his foot soldiers, the ghost kids. http://www.sinistermovie.com/
The Bohemian National Cemetery of Chicago is a Fraternal not for profit cemetery founded in 1877 by Bohemian, Moravian and Slovak immigrants and their descendants to provide a dignified place for burials free of religious restraints. The cemetery is available to all religions, nationalities and races. http://www.bohemiannationalcemeterychicago.org/Leave a Comment Go to Post...